Friday, March 13, 2009

My Son is Crazy...but Promising

I went and saw this play on Saturday and I loved it. My first judgement of plays is always based off the same criteria, "Would I want to be in it?", and for this play the answer was "YES!" "My Son is Crazy...But Promising" was one of the greatest character plays I've ever watched. I'm the type of person who never wants to play the romantic lead, it's to boring, and always wants to play the villian or the crazy chorus person.

Then I thought; "Kate, you're in a Dramatic Liteature class and you have been taught how to analzye plays, now do it." So, on a second judgement of the play it was alright. It definitly was a play fit to be done in the college atmosphere. There was no substance to the plot and alot of what happened was downright unrealistic, and I'm not talking about the aliens. But since I'm on the topic of the aliens, I don't understand the point of having them peek into the scene's randomly. If they appeared before the end of the play that might of made more sense, but, since their offically made their enterance in the last second the peeking in through the front door made no sense to me.

So, on a first shallow analysis of this play it was wonderful. However on a second more indepth analysis of the play it wasn't as great as I thought it was. If I ever had the chance to perform in this play I would in a heartbeat but if I ever had the chance to watch this play again I don't think I would. Now, if anyone noticed something in the plot that I missed that would make the play make more sense to me please fill me in.

2 comments:

  1. The plot is empty and meaningless. It's just sight-gags and slapstick. It is a farce to its core, funny in a way, but not really challenging. It's a shallow event.

    Also, I agree, the aliens didn't work for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do i heal my fatty liver how do i heal my fatty liver how do i heal my fatty liver

    My homepage :: dietary treatment for fatty liver

    ReplyDelete